Monday 17 June 2013

Module choices

Today, the University of North Texas informed me that they had processed some of my module choices. I was very excited about the modules that the university offered. There were modules that were not included at Birmingham (including English/French/Italian/German diction and aural training) and others that I could not take at Birmingham (conducting would have meant that I was taking too much performance).

There were some problems with my choices, but so far seven credits have been confirmed (I must take 12-15 this term). Even so, my timetable for next term has more hours on the Monday than my entire week at Birmingham. In second year, my timetable would consist of six to seven hours a week- my Monday starting in August will consist of seven hours SO FAR. I still need to determine an extra five to seven credits!


My whole week is going to revolve around singing and opera. Lame as it may seems, but this has made me so excited. I would never have this opportunity in England and I think this has actually made me realise that going to America is the best possible choice. I have been umm-ing and err-ing over the last couple of weeks. I'm leaving behind my course mates who will graduate when I return and I have never been away from my family for so long and been so far away- I've never even been to America before!!

To make up the extra credits I will need to sign up for the singing lessons (that will be uploaded this week, this will involve departmental meetings every week and recitals each term) and I have the option to do French diction, composition, piano lessons and musical health awareness.

It's all very exciting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment